"Account Creation has been blocked" - can't create new Microsoft child account

Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T05:05:22+00:00

Hi there - I am hoping for some advice to resolve an issue where I cannot create a new Child email account to add to my 365 premium family subscription. The following error message appears on the Family Safety app on my mobile device:

"We have detected some unusual activity and have blocked the creation of a Microsoft account."

Similar errors appear when trying to do this through a web browser (tried two different browsers, cleared both caches, etc., as per troubleshooting).

It seems like my account has been flagged or something? Any assistance or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Clint

(No screenshots possible due to site errors uploading and / or pasting ...sigh)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T06:09:27+00:00

An update - I have managed to create the account. I still got advised that creation was blocked, but somehow still rolled through the not a robot process. Not sure on why it glitched repeatedly, but I now have my account setup.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T23:13:37+00:00

    Anyone know how to get around this? Also trying to setup Minecraft for my kid.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-12T01:37:44+00:00

    I want open account

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-16T13:57:08+00:00

    Who has time site around and wait for a program to unbug itself. This needs to be fixed!

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T22:07:09+00:00

    Same here trying to create a new outlook.com account linked to Microsoft Family 🤬

    0 comments No comments