"Account Creation has been blocked" - can't create new Microsoft child account

Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T05:05:22+00:00

Hi there - I am hoping for some advice to resolve an issue where I cannot create a new Child email account to add to my 365 premium family subscription. The following error message appears on the Family Safety app on my mobile device:

"We have detected some unusual activity and have blocked the creation of a Microsoft account."

Similar errors appear when trying to do this through a web browser (tried two different browsers, cleared both caches, etc., as per troubleshooting).

It seems like my account has been flagged or something? Any assistance or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Clint

(No screenshots possible due to site errors uploading and / or pasting ...sigh)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T06:09:27+00:00

An update - I have managed to create the account. I still got advised that creation was blocked, but somehow still rolled through the not a robot process. Not sure on why it glitched repeatedly, but I now have my account setup.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T06:43:56+00:00

    i need to migrate my data to new lic.

    from Aust to Greece

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-09T19:32:47+00:00

    An update - I have managed to create the account. I still got advised that creation was blocked, but somehow still rolled through the not a robot process. Not sure on why it glitched repeatedly, but I now have my account setup.

    Hi, I am experiencing the exact problem but cannot seem to bypass as you did. Could you please share a few more details on how you got passed this? thank you!

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-03T13:38:32+00:00

    I was also not able to create a new (child) account via browser (Firefox, Edge, Arc on Windows, also tried from my iPhone) - but I found a workaround:

    Create the new account by adding a new account to your Windows 11 PC (Settings -> Accounts -> Other Users -> Add Account). You will have to select "I do not know the credentials of the user" and then you will be able to create a new Microsoft account. You can't pre-define it's a child account, but it will be one after you enter the birthdate of your child.

    It works flawlessly that way. If you don't need the Microsoft account on the PC, you can of course delete it on the PC again without ever using it.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-02T06:18:04+00:00

    We are in the same boat child account creation blocked.

    0 comments No comments