"Account Creation has been blocked" - can't create new Microsoft child account

Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T05:05:22+00:00

Hi there - I am hoping for some advice to resolve an issue where I cannot create a new Child email account to add to my 365 premium family subscription. The following error message appears on the Family Safety app on my mobile device:

"We have detected some unusual activity and have blocked the creation of a Microsoft account."

Similar errors appear when trying to do this through a web browser (tried two different browsers, cleared both caches, etc., as per troubleshooting).

It seems like my account has been flagged or something? Any assistance or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Clint

(No screenshots possible due to site errors uploading and / or pasting ...sigh)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T06:09:27+00:00

An update - I have managed to create the account. I still got advised that creation was blocked, but somehow still rolled through the not a robot process. Not sure on why it glitched repeatedly, but I now have my account setup.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-26T12:31:18+00:00

    I got the message “you’ve requested too many codes today” but it’s the first time I’m trying today (same message I got yesterday)!!

    For a mutli-B $$$ organization the support to fix this is pretty shocking!

    I tried doing it from a web browser on my phone disconnected from WiFi through account creation and same result - blocked. Tried through a PC. Same result. What else do I need to do?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T20:24:46+00:00

    This is so frustrating! My child got an Xbox for Christmas and we can't create their Microsoft kid's account because it keeps being blocked. Tried calling multiple support phone numbers and they redirect to the general help website and hang up. I've tried multiple devices and it keeps being blocked.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T19:36:03+00:00

    I solved this. Google in a browser "microsoft account" on a PC. In the relevant result click create new account (or similar, can't remember, maybe it was just "new account"). Create for your kid the account (he needs to have an email address first) - the system will recognize that it's of a child by birth date (thanks to the user who mentioned this). The child's email will receive a code - you need to have access to get it. You will be asked in the same browser to approve as the parent, there's an option to type your personal MS account PW directly for that. I have both a work MS account and a personal MS account under the same email and apparently only the personal account PW works, not the work account PW. You will also be asked at some point to solve a puzzle to prove you have human consciousness, and that's it! The kid now appears in your phone's Family app of MS. To connect his/her phone you need to install on their device the same app like the parent, but it recognizes that it's a child's device. To invite your wife use the app to add a member - she needs an organizer profile. Happy holidays!

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more