"Account Creation has been blocked" - can't create new Microsoft child account

Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T05:05:22+00:00

Hi there - I am hoping for some advice to resolve an issue where I cannot create a new Child email account to add to my 365 premium family subscription. The following error message appears on the Family Safety app on my mobile device:

"We have detected some unusual activity and have blocked the creation of a Microsoft account."

Similar errors appear when trying to do this through a web browser (tried two different browsers, cleared both caches, etc., as per troubleshooting).

It seems like my account has been flagged or something? Any assistance or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Clint

(No screenshots possible due to site errors uploading and / or pasting ...sigh)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T06:09:27+00:00

An update - I have managed to create the account. I still got advised that creation was blocked, but somehow still rolled through the not a robot process. Not sure on why it glitched repeatedly, but I now have my account setup.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T20:24:46+00:00

    This is so frustrating! My child got an Xbox for Christmas and we can't create their Microsoft kid's account because it keeps being blocked. Tried calling multiple support phone numbers and they redirect to the general help website and hang up. I've tried multiple devices and it keeps being blocked.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T14:39:01+00:00

    Happy holidays! I am experiencing the very same issue today. Is there still a ticket open for this bug fix? Can someone help me with a work-arond? Does anyone have any advice for me? It is very frustrating on Christmas day to be experiencing this and delay the fun for my kid. Hope someone can help. Thanks

    Hi there - I am hoping for some advice to resolve an issue where I cannot create a new Child email account to add to my 365 premium family subscription. The following error message appears on the Family Safety app on my mobile device:

    "We have detected some unusual activity and have blocked the creation of a Microsoft account."

    Similar errors appear when trying to do this through a web browser (tried two different browsers, cleared both caches, etc., as per troubleshooting).

    It seems like my account has been flagged or something? Any assistance or tips would be appreciated.

    Thanks, Clint

    (No screenshots possible due to site errors uploading and / or pasting ...sigh)

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T12:38:38+00:00

    Same issue here, hopefully it'll allow us in soon!

    0 comments No comments