MS Access (O365) Encountering -3151 Error (ODBC Connection to Salesforce Failed) During Salesforce Data Connection Setup

Anonymous
2024-07-17T21:02:01+00:00

SOLUTION: There is a bug with the recent O365 update. Until Microsoft addresses the issue, you must revert to the previous version, 17726.20126. You can do so programmatically. Here's a command to revert to previous version: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.17726.20126

Issue:

I have been using the built-in MS Access Salesforce ODBC driver and have successfully connected to Salesforce for several years without any issues. Recently, when I tried to run a query, I encountered the "ODBC Connection to Salesforce Failed" error.

I have attempted to refresh the link, reimport the tables, and confirmed that my Salesforce token has not changed. I checked my Salesforce login events, and I'm not seeing any attempts to login from the partner product.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve or troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-09-10T14:38:17+00:00

Hi,

I just downloaded the new build from today and updated the status in our documenting AFo article to this text:

Microsoft planned to release a fix for this problem in the Current Channel on Patch Tuesday, Sep 10. The update is version 2408 build 17928.20156*.*

If you do not receive it automatically, you can retrieve it by choosing Update Nowon File - Account*.*

If you were affected by the bug, please let us know if the update fixes the Salesforce connector problem for you.

Servus
Karl
****************
Access Forever News DevCon
Access-Entwickler-Konferenz AEK - 19./20.10. Nürnberg

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T17:19:45+00:00

    Nope. My IT is aware of the issue, but everything they've tried so far (e.g., putting me in various "exclusion lists") has failed. I keep getting pushed forward (about once a day) to the newest release. :-(

    They did, however, show me how to roll myself back, so I can do that part myself because I'm an admin on my own laptop. But others in my department aren't so lucky.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T06:16:38+00:00

    Guys, Here's one ugly update. I accepted the new August update (version: 2406, build: 17726.20206), but it still doesn't work. :-(

    Paul,

    Did you get any further with your IT department on disabling updates?

    Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. George Hepworth 23,120 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-08-18T15:53:37+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments