Syncing a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer - 2024

Anonymous
2024-06-16T18:27:06+00:00

How do I sync a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer? There is no longer a sync button. Was there a recent update? The folder was previously accessible via my File Explorer and is no longer there. I still have access to the shared folder via the online url. I can add a shortcut to My Files, but that only adds a shortcut to the online url. I am currently on Windows 11.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T17:06:41+00:00

    It has been said by other responders (BUT not by Microsoft) that shared folders in OneDrive Personal and Family have been disconnected and are now only available in OneDrive Business. It has been suggested this is a money-making opportunity for Microsoft as there is no way to upgrade your personal or family account to a business account so you would have to purchase a whole new account in order to use shared folders. I am hoping this is not the case and that someone from Microsoft will respond to this and tell me why these rumors are running around and they are false OR for that matter confirm them and then we will know what we are dealing with. Either way it is a bit ridiculous we have all been dealing with this since July.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T17:07:37+00:00

    It has been said by other responders (BUT not by Microsoft) that shared folders in OneDrive Personal and Family have been disconnected and are now only available in OneDrive Business. It has been suggested this is a money-making opportunity for Microsoft as there is no way to upgrade your personal or family account to a business account so you would have to purchase a whole new account in order to use shared folders. I am hoping this is not the case and that someone from Microsoft will respond to this and tell me why these rumors are running around and they are false OR for that matter confirm them and then we will know what we are dealing with. Either way it is a bit ridiculous we have all been dealing with this since July.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T17:09:18+00:00

    We are waiting for official updates on the problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-10T12:38:01+00:00

    Today I got different answer form support than usual:

    I understand you are facing issue with the shortcut to shared folder working as a link and also, apologize for the fact that it is taking longer than usual to fix the issue. I would like to inform you that our engineering team is already testing a fix to rectify the issue as soon as possible. As a workaround, you can continue to click on the folder and access the shared files/folders within the web browser.

    The fix for the issue you are facing will be rolled with coming updates, the OneDrive application installed on your device has the ability to auto-update. Once the engineering team from our backend releases the new OTA update, the OneDrive will get updated automatically and hopefully, the issue will get fixed.

    I understand how inconvenient it can be. Rest assured; the engineering team is working to fix the issue as soon as possible, as many of our beloved customer like you have reported the issue with sharing folders working as URL.

    Hope it's true that they are testing the fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T10:15:21+00:00

    Now that I can upload images here, I am re-attaching the screenshots where you can see the differences in OneDrive web, with an account that works well and with the account that doesn't.

    My theory is that the problem is not in the OneDrive app, but the problem is in OneDrive web.

    Can you check your onedrive web and buy with these captures?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments