Syncing a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer - 2024

Anonymous
2024-06-16T18:27:06+00:00

How do I sync a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer? There is no longer a sync button. Was there a recent update? The folder was previously accessible via my File Explorer and is no longer there. I still have access to the shared folder via the online url. I can add a shortcut to My Files, but that only adds a shortcut to the online url. I am currently on Windows 11.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T07:23:09+00:00

    I don't think anybody from Microsoft is watching this thread. You are better contacting support directly. You will get a canned response, but from the response I received, it does seem like a human at Micrsoft actually read the message.

    In the OneDrive app go to Settings > Get Help > Contact Support to send them a message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T21:37:38+00:00

    Hello, I have the same issue. Can't open/ sync/ or work on shared folders via file explorer.

    I stumbled upon a video that claims shared folders (with you) can no longer be worked on directly from your file explorer unless you have a business subscription. I looked into upgrading my personal family plan ($99/ yr), but there isn't an option. It appears you have to create a separate business subscription at $12/ mo per user. So essentially one has to pay for a personal/ family as well as a business account just for this feature.

    I would really appreciate a Microsoft rep to chime in, as it's causing significant hardship for my business right now. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-13T14:08:08+00:00

    YES PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION!

    If this is the resolution, give us a way to upgrade to business - (we shouldn't have to recreate our account). I would gladly upgrade to business to get this function back. I wish someone had said this was the resolution months ago, we all would have been happier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T13:53:47+00:00

    incredible story, we are talking about a giant like Microsoft.

    In July I had contacted support. They told me that it was a known problem and that their developers were working on it.

    Today, September 2, it is still KO.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T14:10:43+00:00

    I have also tried to get some support from Microsoft a few times since early July. You get the same canned response every time. Something along the lines of, they know about the problem, engineers are currently working on it and you won't have to do anything on your side to fix it. If egineers truly are working on it, I find it hard to believe the issue is not resolved yet and there is probably some other reason they are not fixing this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments