A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Has anything been done about a fix for this? Lots of people asking but no response from Microsoft?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
How do I sync a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer? There is no longer a sync button. Was there a recent update? The folder was previously accessible via my File Explorer and is no longer there. I still have access to the shared folder via the online url. I can add a shortcut to My Files, but that only adds a shortcut to the online url. I am currently on Windows 11.
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Has anything been done about a fix for this? Lots of people asking but no response from Microsoft?
I think I have found a work around. This is what worked for me on Mac and PC.
At the client delete the http shortcut in OneDrive online web interface by selecting the shared folder and then remove.
Now reshare the folder you want to share at the primary user. Not sure if you need this step (or the previous) but make sure you share with specific people and not anybody with the link.
At the client login to OneDrive online and go to shared. DO NOT click on "add this folder as a shortcut to My Files" to the right. Instead open the folder by clicking on it. Now click at the top click on "add shortcut to my files"
Although this seemed to work the day I posted, it seems like this is not a solution. Some of the buttons in the web interface have also changed since. In my testing since I have seen the shared folder sync correctly, but as far as I can tell it's totally random and mostly you will just get a redirect URL rather than a synced folder. In some cases, it will be correct for one family member and wrong at another and so it seems to be related to each user who "adds a shortcut to My Files". It seems the process of "adding" randomly adds a URL or Synced folder.
Have a look at my response. More or less there seems to be a difference between "add this folder as a shortcut to My Files" which just adds a shortcut and "add shortcut to My files" which adds in the expected way.
I also can not save a file from a desktop app to a shared OneDrive folder. Must save to desktop then open shared folder in the browser then copy the file from the desktop. What a PAIN!
Unfortunately, doesn't seem to work for me. The "add shortcut to my files" is still a URL shortcut to a link within the browser.