Syncing a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer - 2024

Anonymous
2024-06-16T18:27:06+00:00

How do I sync a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer? There is no longer a sync button. Was there a recent update? The folder was previously accessible via my File Explorer and is no longer there. I still have access to the shared folder via the online url. I can add a shortcut to My Files, but that only adds a shortcut to the online url. I am currently on Windows 11.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-24T21:41:17+00:00

    Looking for an update to this bug in April 2025. Anything?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-25T17:40:45+00:00

    Hello, while I DO NOT work for Microsoft, it is my understanding this is not a bug for them. They intentionally removed shared files from individual accounts. The only way to get shared files with them is to purchase a Business Account (no you cannot upgrade your individual account). This means creating new account names, log in and such. This is why so many people are upset and have moved away from Microsoft over this.

    I hope I am wrong and someone from Microsoft will respond and correct me. But as you can see this string has been going on for some time now and no one from Microsoft has stepped up to let us know the resolution to the problem. Buy a new account.

    I got this information from going thru many many different blogs regarding the issue.

    Again I hope I am wrong and someone official will correct me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments