Syncing a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer - 2024

Anonymous
2024-06-16T18:27:06+00:00

How do I sync a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer? There is no longer a sync button. Was there a recent update? The folder was previously accessible via my File Explorer and is no longer there. I still have access to the shared folder via the online url. I can add a shortcut to My Files, but that only adds a shortcut to the online url. I am currently on Windows 11.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T17:47:34+00:00

    Not understanding why only one of my 'shared' folders is impacted. I have other folders from another user that continue to properly display in File Manager on my PC. Or.... will they also implode too if I try to update anything on my PC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-07T13:03:26+00:00

    Spend some time playing with this. No changes. Shared folder doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-06T04:55:20+00:00

    Unfortunately, doesn't seem to work for me. The "add shortcut to my files" is still a URL shortcut to a link within the browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T17:38:27+00:00

    I also can not save a file from a desktop app to a shared OneDrive folder. Must save to desktop then open shared folder in the browser then copy the file from the desktop. What a PAIN!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T11:11:20+00:00

    Have a look at my response. More or less there seems to be a difference between "add this folder as a shortcut to My Files" which just adds a shortcut and "add shortcut to My files" which adds in the expected way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments