Syncing a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer - 2024

Anonymous
2024-06-16T18:27:06+00:00

How do I sync a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer? There is no longer a sync button. Was there a recent update? The folder was previously accessible via my File Explorer and is no longer there. I still have access to the shared folder via the online url. I can add a shortcut to My Files, but that only adds a shortcut to the online url. I am currently on Windows 11.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T21:37:38+00:00

    Hello, I have the same issue. Can't open/ sync/ or work on shared folders via file explorer.

    I stumbled upon a video that claims shared folders (with you) can no longer be worked on directly from your file explorer unless you have a business subscription. I looked into upgrading my personal family plan ($99/ yr), but there isn't an option. It appears you have to create a separate business subscription at $12/ mo per user. So essentially one has to pay for a personal/ family as well as a business account just for this feature.

    I would really appreciate a Microsoft rep to chime in, as it's causing significant hardship for my business right now. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T07:23:09+00:00

    I don't think anybody from Microsoft is watching this thread. You are better contacting support directly. You will get a canned response, but from the response I received, it does seem like a human at Micrsoft actually read the message.

    In the OneDrive app go to Settings > Get Help > Contact Support to send them a message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T22:55:53+00:00

    Not a thing. We’re all sitting here waiting for Microsoft to do something. Anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T15:29:21+00:00

    All - late to the game on this issue.

    Assume no word from MS? Any other workarounds worth sharing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T04:01:30+00:00

    Hello,

    When will this be resolved? Any updates?

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments