Syncing a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer - 2024

Anonymous
2024-06-16T18:27:06+00:00

How do I sync a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer? There is no longer a sync button. Was there a recent update? The folder was previously accessible via my File Explorer and is no longer there. I still have access to the shared folder via the online url. I can add a shortcut to My Files, but that only adds a shortcut to the online url. I am currently on Windows 11.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T17:07:37+00:00

    It has been said by other responders (BUT not by Microsoft) that shared folders in OneDrive Personal and Family have been disconnected and are now only available in OneDrive Business. It has been suggested this is a money-making opportunity for Microsoft as there is no way to upgrade your personal or family account to a business account so you would have to purchase a whole new account in order to use shared folders. I am hoping this is not the case and that someone from Microsoft will respond to this and tell me why these rumors are running around and they are false OR for that matter confirm them and then we will know what we are dealing with. Either way it is a bit ridiculous we have all been dealing with this since July.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T17:06:41+00:00

    It has been said by other responders (BUT not by Microsoft) that shared folders in OneDrive Personal and Family have been disconnected and are now only available in OneDrive Business. It has been suggested this is a money-making opportunity for Microsoft as there is no way to upgrade your personal or family account to a business account so you would have to purchase a whole new account in order to use shared folders. I am hoping this is not the case and that someone from Microsoft will respond to this and tell me why these rumors are running around and they are false OR for that matter confirm them and then we will know what we are dealing with. Either way it is a bit ridiculous we have all been dealing with this since July.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T14:10:43+00:00

    I have also tried to get some support from Microsoft a few times since early July. You get the same canned response every time. Something along the lines of, they know about the problem, engineers are currently working on it and you won't have to do anything on your side to fix it. If egineers truly are working on it, I find it hard to believe the issue is not resolved yet and there is probably some other reason they are not fixing this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T13:53:47+00:00

    incredible story, we are talking about a giant like Microsoft.

    In July I had contacted support. They told me that it was a known problem and that their developers were working on it.

    Today, September 2, it is still KO.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-13T14:08:08+00:00

    YES PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION!

    If this is the resolution, give us a way to upgrade to business - (we shouldn't have to recreate our account). I would gladly upgrade to business to get this function back. I wish someone had said this was the resolution months ago, we all would have been happier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments