A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Joyce,
To my knowledge, Microsoft has not posted any reply, but many of the users have found their own workarounds depending on their situation.
Sorry I could not be more helpful.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
How do I sync a shared folder in OneDrive to File Explorer? There is no longer a sync button. Was there a recent update? The folder was previously accessible via my File Explorer and is no longer there. I still have access to the shared folder via the online url. I can add a shortcut to My Files, but that only adds a shortcut to the online url. I am currently on Windows 11.
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Joyce,
To my knowledge, Microsoft has not posted any reply, but many of the users have found their own workarounds depending on their situation.
Sorry I could not be more helpful.
Any update on this?
Now that I can upload images here, I am re-attaching the screenshots where you can see the differences in OneDrive web, with an account that works well and with the account that doesn't.
My theory is that the problem is not in the OneDrive app, but the problem is in OneDrive web.
Can you check your onedrive web and buy with these captures?
Today I got different answer form support than usual:
I understand you are facing issue with the shortcut to shared folder working as a link and also, apologize for the fact that it is taking longer than usual to fix the issue. I would like to inform you that our engineering team is already testing a fix to rectify the issue as soon as possible. As a workaround, you can continue to click on the folder and access the shared files/folders within the web browser.
The fix for the issue you are facing will be rolled with coming updates, the OneDrive application installed on your device has the ability to auto-update. Once the engineering team from our backend releases the new OTA update, the OneDrive will get updated automatically and hopefully, the issue will get fixed.
I understand how inconvenient it can be. Rest assured; the engineering team is working to fix the issue as soon as possible, as many of our beloved customer like you have reported the issue with sharing folders working as URL.
Hope it's true that they are testing the fix.
We are waiting for official updates on the problem