Onedrive shared folders shorcuts is showing as .url on the onedrive folder

Anonymous
2024-06-18T18:07:16+00:00

I am Sharing a folder in personal One Drive with another personal onedrive account. When the other part recieve the link and want to add the shortcut to his account, it creates a .url direct to internet link on the onedrive folder that opens the folder online, i need to open it as a folder file in the onedrive folder localy. How can i fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-29T18:28:52+00:00

    Is there any update when this will be fixed please, as the issue is still present today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-01T05:03:21+00:00

    It works now.
    I don't know what measures Microsoft has taken,

    but it's working normally now.

    I hope your onedrive is working normally too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-01T17:22:02+00:00

    I checked my today. I still have 3 folders that are not listed as folders but as URLs in File Explorer.

    Rechecked everything, same result.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-01T21:20:39+00:00

    This issue seems to have been going on since around Jun 2024 and still exists in many forums.

    I contacted MS yesterday and after a lot of wasted time they advised that it is still being worked on. Its ridiculous.

    Geoffrey Brown, NZ.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T17:03:06+00:00

    Why MS dont't want to repair it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments