Onedrive shared folders shorcuts is showing as .url on the onedrive folder

Anonymous
2024-06-18T18:07:16+00:00

I am Sharing a folder in personal One Drive with another personal onedrive account. When the other part recieve the link and want to add the shortcut to his account, it creates a .url direct to internet link on the onedrive folder that opens the folder online, i need to open it as a folder file in the onedrive folder localy. How can i fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-31T14:42:25+00:00

    I need it in my work as well. Please do something about it.Has everybody same problem or just some users?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T19:49:19+00:00

    No answer from a member of Microsoft Team yet?

    I'm with this problem since April 2024. They closed my ticket with the "workaround" of using the web version.

    Creating another account works but I can't do this.

    Are you really working on it or is it a low priority in your backlog that goes to 2025 planning?

    I never had this problem with Google. I migrated to Microsoft because of the "MS Office" but I'm exploring other solutions now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T02:26:11+00:00

    No answer.

    Microsoft doesn't seem to care at all about the OneDrive issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T08:58:13+00:00

    I mean, no problem, if I would be able to do scripting one Office 365 like I could do in the desktop apps..

    I would code a solution in a few hours - WITH testing! - and upload it here for everyone to use.

    I dont think they are to stupid for that, I think the indian support team they hire just doesnt do their work right.

    Problem is, nobody seems to monitor their work so our problems will never get trough to Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T09:26:07+00:00

    I found a way that works! (at least worked for me)

    Share folder on onedrive web and then the other person on onedrive web accept and adds it to "my files" as usual.

    The key different here is the first time to open the folder on desktop has to be on a windows 10. (I know, too much work and st*pid we have to do this in the first place)

    After that, on the onedrive windows 11 desktop it opens on file explorer and not as a link.

    My guess is that this is on purpose to force users to use onedrive and office apps online.

    If it was a bug, I am sure that a trillion $ company already had find a fix for this.

    Hope it works for you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments