Onedrive shared folders shorcuts is showing as .url on the onedrive folder

Anonymous
2024-06-18T18:07:16+00:00

I am Sharing a folder in personal One Drive with another personal onedrive account. When the other part recieve the link and want to add the shortcut to his account, it creates a .url direct to internet link on the onedrive folder that opens the folder online, i need to open it as a folder file in the onedrive folder localy. How can i fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-29T09:23:58+00:00

    As I already said, I am quite sure that Microsoft isnt the problem here, but the indian support team they have.

    They are so bad at answering questions - and even more FORWARDING IMPORTANT ISSUES - that I am suprised that they are not already replaced with AI, which would make their job already 10 times better.

    I dont want to hate but I have quite some experience with the microsoft answers community on other accounts.

    In my opinion, this is the only thing that really holds them back after all the things in the meantime they did right. The reason is they really dont get the feedback of the customers the way they should be.

    Again, this is a topic that one microsoft programmer could fix in a few hours, and it doesnt have to be a very skilled one at that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T20:13:26+00:00

    I share a OneDrive folder with a friend for our projects, and we have set it up so that files are downloaded to both of our PCs. This ensures that our audio software can directly link to those files without any issues. However, this problem has completely disrupted our workflow. We can no longer add the shared folder to our PCs because it has been replaced by a URL instead of being locally available.

    If this issue persists, we will have no choice but to switch back to Google Drive, as OneDrive is no longer meeting our needs. How is it possible that this problem is taking so long to resolve?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T13:13:45+00:00

    Still Nothing as at 26/03/2025- Come on Microsoft, this feature rocks, you can do it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T12:47:32+00:00

    Any news? Another my shared folder become .url internet shortcuts instead of actual folders.

    Just use RaiDrive, it has option to show only shared content and stays as a drive. I gave up on microsoft....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T11:54:21+00:00

    Any news? Another my shared folder become .url internet shortcuts instead of actual folders.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments