I can't sync or download a shared folder in OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-06-13T12:31:20+00:00

This just randomly started happening a few days ago and I can't figure out why. I previously had a shared folder synced to my computer from OneDrive and then suddenly it disappeared from my file explorer. I looked at the shared folder to see if I have "can edit" capabilities and I do but the only options that show are to add a shortcut to the folder or to download. However if I click download nothing happens. When I add the link, it opens the web version of OneDrive and not the offline folder that I need.

My OneDrive web also doesn't have a sync button at the top of the page or in the settings drop down menu.

I've tried unlinking and relinking the account. I've tried restarting the computer. I've tried logging out and then back in. I've tried uninstalling OneDrive and reinstalling it. I've made sure it's the latest version. I'm running Windows 10/11. I've tried creating a completely different account. I've tried adding the account to the upgraded family subscription version. I've tried reaching out to Microsoft support for help twice. Can someone please tell me what to do?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / OneDrive / For business / Windows***

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T21:54:47+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-19T00:24:32+00:00

    Same issue here, it started just a couple of weeks ago. I no longer have acces to my family pictures, which were shared with me from the account of my wife; I don't have acces to files I shared with friends from my hobbies; ...

    Microsoft, this is getting embarrassing. Please fix this immediately.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T17:12:53+00:00

    I got the same problem :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T03:43:41+00:00

    I just moved to Google Drive! Bye Bye UselessDrive!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments