I can't sync or download a shared folder in OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-06-13T12:31:20+00:00

This just randomly started happening a few days ago and I can't figure out why. I previously had a shared folder synced to my computer from OneDrive and then suddenly it disappeared from my file explorer. I looked at the shared folder to see if I have "can edit" capabilities and I do but the only options that show are to add a shortcut to the folder or to download. However if I click download nothing happens. When I add the link, it opens the web version of OneDrive and not the offline folder that I need.

My OneDrive web also doesn't have a sync button at the top of the page or in the settings drop down menu.

I've tried unlinking and relinking the account. I've tried restarting the computer. I've tried logging out and then back in. I've tried uninstalling OneDrive and reinstalling it. I've made sure it's the latest version. I'm running Windows 10/11. I've tried creating a completely different account. I've tried adding the account to the upgraded family subscription version. I've tried reaching out to Microsoft support for help twice. Can someone please tell me what to do?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / OneDrive / For business / Windows***

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T21:54:47+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T17:12:53+00:00

    I got the same problem :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T19:08:00+00:00

    What is going on?????????????????????????????

    Update on problem??????????????????

    OneDrive is useless with this problem.

    Is there a work around????????????????????

    When to be fixed?????????????????????????????????

    Please help and fix.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-07T22:44:18+00:00

    For 2 days now, the same problem has appeared with shared folders regardless of the computer's operating system. This is pathetic because you can't work on files and with a large number of them, downloading, adding and editing via a browser is inconvenient. Microsoft has not been famous for the quality of its systems so far, but now it's really funny and it's time for a change because the advantage that OneDrive and Office 365 gave is gone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments