Cant access Onedrive Personal Vault

Anonymous
2024-05-10T13:25:12+00:00

When i try to access my personal vault in onedrive, I get the verification of identity request which approve on my mobile phone. However, a popup appears which is blank and i can go no further. Tried this on both a windows 10 and a Macbook so its not the computer. Checked the personal vault settings and it too has the identify request and when i do that i get the same blank popup

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T06:13:55+00:00

    After several email exchanges with Microsoft Support, I can finally access my OneDrive Personal Vault. Needless to say, I backed up my data immediately elsewhere. Microsoft has lost my trust!

    Microsoft Support usual response is that they are aware of the issue and the Technical team is working on a workaround. That is as much information you get from them. Microsoft even closed my case several days before it was resolved.

    Pretty much a ‘suck and see’ scenario ……eventually….it’s accessible and they don’t inform you either. When I did get access last night, it asked me to set a 6 digits PIN.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2024-09-18T07:09:48+00:00

    Entering a PIN means you are using a passkey, an excellent authentication method. I compare it to using an ATM card, which may be stand-alone or built into your device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-07T11:18:28+00:00

    It is happening again. In Chrome or Edge (also in private mode). I open onedrive and click on "unlock the personal vault", then I tried different authentication methods like Windows PIN, Send code to email or 2FA App.

    Authentication works, but then the popup redirects to an empty page. It looks the same as the screenshot that was posted here.

    I also tried it on the phone app, which I never used before. There I get the dialog to set-up the personal vault and enter a 6 digit pin. I did not continue, because I'm afraid of losing the data. The set-up dialog sounded more like creating a new personal vault and not accessing the existing one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-07T14:54:28+00:00

    I am facing the same issue. After pop-up window and authentication approved, it sits blank and doesn't open personal vault.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-07T15:11:36+00:00

    I am seeing the same issue as of around 9 am Eastern time in the U.S. on 12/7/24.

    Same issue of getting to point of popup after trying to access my Personal Vault and have tried multiple authentication modes. Just hangs and no access.

    Tried the mobile app which I never used, was able to access for a short time, but then five minutes later could not even access my most basic Personal Drive.

    Very frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments