Cant access Onedrive Personal Vault

Anonymous
2024-05-10T13:25:12+00:00

When i try to access my personal vault in onedrive, I get the verification of identity request which approve on my mobile phone. However, a popup appears which is blank and i can go no further. Tried this on both a windows 10 and a Macbook so its not the computer. Checked the personal vault settings and it too has the identify request and when i do that i get the same blank popup

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T21:54:38+00:00

    Hello Team,

    I have the same issue.

    The login on OneDrive works fine but when I want to unlock the Personal Vault don't work.

    More details

    1. Click on Unlock the Personal Vault - ok
    2. New window (pop-up) asking the authentification opens - ok
    3. When I validate the authentification (code or application) - the redirection seams to not work.

    If the redirection not working, any other process, or action is not made and the Personal Vault not opening.

    I tried on different browsers : Chrome, Firefox, Brave - the same result

    I hope that it helps to fix the bug, case I have some documents there that I need to access and is impossible from several days.

    Best regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T21:44:45+00:00

    Hi, I am having the same problem with exactly the same symptoms as described by the OP. I've tried different computers/browsers/login methods with no success. I may not be interpreting the last debug recommendation correctly because I don't have the option of disabling and re-enabling login methods for the Personal Vault without first being able to validate my identity...catch 22 no?

    I am able to open (authenticate) OneDrive with the microsoft authenticator app the problem is only manifest with the Personal Vault.

    In any event I can authenticate and access the folder through an IPad although that is proving very slow and cumbersome. The problem only seems to occur with the Microsoft OS?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T14:19:07+00:00

    Hi, MartinDavidson999

    Do you have PIN login and dual authentication set up?

    If so, you can start by turning off the PIN login option, which you can do via Settings->Accounts->Login Options.

    Also you can turn off dual identity verification and log in again and see if the problem still occurs?

    How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

    I hope the above information can help you. Feel free to submit a post if you need further assistance.

    Best regards

    Aiden - MSFT |Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-13T07:56:38+00:00

    Hi, when i try to access the vault on my mobile phone it works ok and thats using the same wifi network. Below is a screenshot of what i get on my windows laptop and my macbook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-10T18:57:08+00:00

    Hi, MartinDavidson999

    Thank you for using Microsoft products and posting them to the community.

    I understand you're having trouble with "Can't access OneDrive Personal Vault." I understand the problem and would like to help you better in your situation.

    If it's convenient, could you share with me screenshots of the specifics? Like that white window for example.

    Based on your description, this could be a network issue. You can try to change the network or change the network to a hotspot linked to your phone and see if the problem occurs.

    Looking forward to your reply.

    Best regards

    Aiden - MSFT |Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments