Microsoft Onedrive: Unhide folders/files which were Hidden from Shared

Anonymous
2024-04-03T08:26:16+00:00

Good Morning.

A user in our office went onto OneDrive Online and accidentally clicked on the Hide from Shared button on one of the folders which was shared with him.

It gave a message that read:

"Remove Folder

If you remove this folder, you'll still have access to it, but it won't appear here."

He then clicked on the remove button.

So, the folder is currently "hidden".

Please advise on how to unhide it, so it shows up in the "shared with me" view again.

Additional information:

  1. I saw a YouTube video where a lady fixed it by clicking on a filter button and clicking to show the hidden folders. But there is no filter button available on my screen.

Currently Using Edge as browser.

  1. If you search in the "Search Everything" Bar for the folder it shows up, but we want it displayed correctly again.

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-17T09:27:58+00:00

    Hello..

    I have found my hidden files by...

    -open onedrive on web browser google or edge.

    -click to home >> then type "hidden" at the search bar...search everything (top of onedrive page).

    But so sorry, I have no unhide option same like others here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T14:59:00+00:00

    Same issue here

    I hid the files but now i find i cant find them anywhere

    I have them linked by the one sharing them with me and can find them in my search history

    but i cant actually see the file and click on those buttons to actually unhide it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T17:18:32+00:00

    When using OneDrive for Business, the button unhide is available:

    When using OneDrive for personal use; the button is NOT visible:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-29T03:37:33+00:00

    This is mind numbing. I too accidently hid a shared folder and now I can't show it again.

    Why is there a feature to hide a folder? And why, when the pointless hide feature is used, can you never get it back again?????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments