Microsoft Onedrive: Unhide folders/files which were Hidden from Shared

Anonymous
2024-04-03T08:26:16+00:00

Good Morning.

A user in our office went onto OneDrive Online and accidentally clicked on the Hide from Shared button on one of the folders which was shared with him.

It gave a message that read:

"Remove Folder

If you remove this folder, you'll still have access to it, but it won't appear here."

He then clicked on the remove button.

So, the folder is currently "hidden".

Please advise on how to unhide it, so it shows up in the "shared with me" view again.

Additional information:

  1. I saw a YouTube video where a lady fixed it by clicking on a filter button and clicking to show the hidden folders. But there is no filter button available on my screen.

Currently Using Edge as browser.

  1. If you search in the "Search Everything" Bar for the folder it shows up, but we want it displayed correctly again.

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T19:27:53+00:00

    Yeah, we don't see that.....

    And that is under a Personal OneDrive or a Business OneDrive? Remember according to Microsoft those are two different things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T20:07:18+00:00

    Ah, good point. I am working under the OneDrive license supplied by my workplace, so I suppose it is a Business OneDrive. This (extremely basic) feature isn't exactly something that should be exclusive for the Business license though, and the fact that it is is annoyingly shortsighted on Microsoft's end.

    I'm sorry this didn't end up being a perfect solution for everyone, but hopefully any wanderers who accidentally hid the files shared by their coworkers can breathe a sigh of relief.

    EDIT: Also- if it matters at all, which I kind of doubt it does but it doesn't hurt to supply extra information, I am using Firefox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2024-08-16T23:09:53+00:00

    I don't have a "More" button either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-17T13:16:29+00:00

    I can confirm that the option is only available with M365 Onedrive (Old Onedrive for business). Most of us are using outlook.com Onedrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments