Microsoft Onedrive: Unhide folders/files which were Hidden from Shared

Anonymous
2024-04-03T08:26:16+00:00

Good Morning.

A user in our office went onto OneDrive Online and accidentally clicked on the Hide from Shared button on one of the folders which was shared with him.

It gave a message that read:

"Remove Folder

If you remove this folder, you'll still have access to it, but it won't appear here."

He then clicked on the remove button.

So, the folder is currently "hidden".

Please advise on how to unhide it, so it shows up in the "shared with me" view again.

Additional information:

  1. I saw a YouTube video where a lady fixed it by clicking on a filter button and clicking to show the hidden folders. But there is no filter button available on my screen.

Currently Using Edge as browser.

  1. If you search in the "Search Everything" Bar for the folder it shows up, but we want it displayed correctly again.

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-28T07:24:12+00:00

    I tried unhiding my folder that got hidden by mistake, but I do not get the option for selecting Show in shared view or unhide from shared. Is it because it shared shared to me by someone and I am not the owner of the folder

    Please guide

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-28T11:37:57+00:00

    I spoke to OneDrive a few days after posting this. They have escalated this issue three times now. I am up to escalation team number 3 or something like that. Team 1 tried everything in their power to fix it and team two tried on their end on the programming side and nothing. They said team 3 was the like developer side and that we have to see because it is something wrong with the programming or coding side of OneDrive. Cross my fingers someone gets this figured out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-09T08:38:41+00:00

    Does anyone show up to work at OneDrive anymore? Did they ever?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-10T18:55:29+00:00

    Tengo el mismo problema y me urge solucionarlo. Ya pasé por todos los pasos que se mencionan arriba

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T11:55:42+00:00

    I would also like the answer to this question. I have searched for the OneNote notebook shared with me after I hid it (I got the same dialogue as the original poster) and it doesn't even show up in my "Search Everything" bar. And yes, I've checked my Recycle Bin and it's not there, either.

    Help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments