Microsoft Onedrive: Unhide folders/files which were Hidden from Shared

Anonymous
2024-04-03T08:26:16+00:00

Good Morning.

A user in our office went onto OneDrive Online and accidentally clicked on the Hide from Shared button on one of the folders which was shared with him.

It gave a message that read:

"Remove Folder

If you remove this folder, you'll still have access to it, but it won't appear here."

He then clicked on the remove button.

So, the folder is currently "hidden".

Please advise on how to unhide it, so it shows up in the "shared with me" view again.

Additional information:

  1. I saw a YouTube video where a lady fixed it by clicking on a filter button and clicking to show the hidden folders. But there is no filter button available on my screen.

Currently Using Edge as browser.

  1. If you search in the "Search Everything" Bar for the folder it shows up, but we want it displayed correctly again.

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T09:34:53+00:00

    Hello PeetLückhoff,

    My name is Oluwatosin and I’ll be more than happy to help you with your query." This is a user-to-user community forum. We do not have access to your account.

    I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to unhide the folder.

    When you see the folder in 'Search Everything' Bar, did you notice the ellipses (...) button next to the folder name?

    If you can see the ... button, click on it and select More action or Manage access.

    Select Show in shared view or unhide from shared.

    These steps should unhide the folder and make it visible again in the Shared with me view.

    I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

    Best regards, Oluwatosin.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T10:21:39+00:00

    Hi,

    There are ellipses next to the folder.

    When I click on it, it only gives 2 options:

    • Open file location
    • Details

    If I click on details, it only opens a details panel on the right, but I cannot see anything about unhiding...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T10:51:01+00:00

    Hello PeetLückhoff,

    Thank you for the update.

    I reproduce the issue here and I can see Manage access. See the attached screenshot.

    Do you have admin access, you need admin rights to manage the advanced options.

    If you don't have the option, you will need to reach out to the admin for assistance.

    Looking forward to your response.

    Best regards, Oluwatosin.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T22:51:42+00:00

    Did we ever find the answer to this? I hid a file by accident and no longer can see it. Also, when it was visible I cannot add shortcut to my files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-09T09:17:35+00:00

    I was working online on a browser, and accidentally hid a Word file in the Microsoft 365 section. The file strangely can still be found when I switch to OneDrive section, so maybe you could try that. No button to unhide it so I just moved it around and for some reason, it appears in the Microsoft 365 section again? I don't understand this stupid system of OneDrive. If someone ever found out how it works, god bless you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments