Microsoft Onedrive: Unhide folders/files which were Hidden from Shared

Anonymous
2024-04-03T08:26:16+00:00

Good Morning.

A user in our office went onto OneDrive Online and accidentally clicked on the Hide from Shared button on one of the folders which was shared with him.

It gave a message that read:

"Remove Folder

If you remove this folder, you'll still have access to it, but it won't appear here."

He then clicked on the remove button.

So, the folder is currently "hidden".

Please advise on how to unhide it, so it shows up in the "shared with me" view again.

Additional information:

  1. I saw a YouTube video where a lady fixed it by clicking on a filter button and clicking to show the hidden folders. But there is no filter button available on my screen.

Currently Using Edge as browser.

  1. If you search in the "Search Everything" Bar for the folder it shows up, but we want it displayed correctly again.

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T19:02:56+00:00

    It seems to be a permanent filter. I have it on onedrive personal - no chance to get any admin access.

    Maybe the first hint is a solution. Can someone share the link to the video?

    BR, Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-18T17:38:32+00:00

    Same problem. Can't unhide a foldrr in shared folders

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T11:55:42+00:00

    I would also like the answer to this question. I have searched for the OneNote notebook shared with me after I hid it (I got the same dialogue as the original poster) and it doesn't even show up in my "Search Everything" bar. And yes, I've checked my Recycle Bin and it's not there, either.

    Help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-10T18:55:29+00:00

    Tengo el mismo problema y me urge solucionarlo. Ya pasé por todos los pasos que se mencionan arriba

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments