Microsoft Onedrive: Unhide folders/files which were Hidden from Shared

Anonymous
2024-04-03T08:26:16+00:00

Good Morning.

A user in our office went onto OneDrive Online and accidentally clicked on the Hide from Shared button on one of the folders which was shared with him.

It gave a message that read:

"Remove Folder

If you remove this folder, you'll still have access to it, but it won't appear here."

He then clicked on the remove button.

So, the folder is currently "hidden".

Please advise on how to unhide it, so it shows up in the "shared with me" view again.

Additional information:

  1. I saw a YouTube video where a lady fixed it by clicking on a filter button and clicking to show the hidden folders. But there is no filter button available on my screen.

Currently Using Edge as browser.

  1. If you search in the "Search Everything" Bar for the folder it shows up, but we want it displayed correctly again.

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-18T19:57:56+00:00

    My problem magically went away, self healed, after months if not years of being an issue. One caveat - the shared OneDrive folder in file explorer still has as a shortcut icon but it behaves as a native folder. It no longer opens the online browser folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-18T16:36:58+00:00

    I have been having this issue since the beginning of this year and waited until all of the issues with file explorer and onedrive were fixed. I still can't find the unhide button for shared folders, but I may have found a workaround. Another user that had access to folder, but was not the owner of the folder, was able to share it to the user that had hidden the folder and it showed back up in the shared tab. They were then able to "add shortcut to My Files". Finally all fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-24T23:04:12+00:00

    I think you have your answer but, just in case... "No. The OneDrive team (personal in particular) is horrible despite some of us actually paying for the advertised functionality".

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-21T19:12:38+00:00

    I did escalate it - after 3 days MS support sent me email informing me, they opened the case. 3 days later I got email the case is closed, but nobody contacted me and nothing has changed. They sent me satisfaction survey instead. Will you call it support?

    I was playing with other shared folders' owners the same game as you Johny. Part of the links turned back to direct access from OneDrive. Part is not working and finally I lost access to one of them since I am not able to create link in my home folder, thus the folder is not accessible outside of the browser. No error message to know the reason. Seach in browser finds it and the only way to access it is via browser. No phone access, no OneDrive app on desktop access.

    But guess what, when the issues started, I lost access to OneDrive Vault on my Android phone - it was empty! They asked me to register password to the Vault again (why?) and nothing happened. Vault was empty. Two days later the Vault items are back!? On iPhone I can't see any Vault! Still.

    Really, great job! Dees the right hand in MS knows what the left hand is doing? Instead of solving issues MS came with the new design on the OneDrive login page in browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-20T14:59:53+00:00

    Only the mental midgets at Microsoft would find a way to screw something up this badly and then offer zero support on the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments