Folders Shared with me are syncing as internet shortcut in OneDrive on Windows PC

Anonymous
2024-06-08T04:53:55+00:00

Hi. I had some folders shared from different users in my OneDrive account. I had added the folders to my OneDrive with Add Shortcut to OneDrive button from Shared folders in cloud. The account is logged into a windows pc and every files including the folders shared with my were syncing fine until yesterday. Yesterday night the shared folders were completely removed from the Windows pc and folders are replaced with internet shortcut. This is such a big mess. I have tried unlinking the account and linking it back, changing the location of OneDrive on my windows pc and tried to get a new folder shared to my account and adding it to OneDrive. Nothing works so far. OneDrive has a big part in my daily activities. Please help me resolve this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-03-13T06:07:22+00:00

Here is the statement from the Microsoft OneDrive product group (Redmond USA) about the OneDrive Personal problem:

***This is related to a backend migration we are doing and unfortunately, we don’t fully support syncing shared folders in the case where one user has migrated and the other has not. We’re doing everything possible to accelerate things so that it can be resolved as soon as possible for users of the feature. When the accounts are migrated, there is automated logic that makes them go back to a syncing folder within several days.***I have heard, that shared Folder issue is gone.
The best thing is: WAIT and do nothing

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3,079 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T12:46:06+00:00

    Very interesting,

    For 2 years, my onedrive files, which I have been working as local files, suddenly changed to web links format.

    This is seriously affecting my workflow and habits. When I read other user comments here reporting other problems

    I think there is a serious unresolved bug problem in OneDrive.

    This problem needs to be solved as soon as possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T13:00:24+00:00

    interesting solution approach, but unfortunately this does not work. it stops at the step where i need to put my log-in information.

    I set the user name and password, but the window keeps popping up.

    EDIT: i deactivated 2FA and now it saved the login data, but now i receive an error message when trying to acces the folder:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T13:04:00+00:00

    i dont know neither

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T13:34:43+00:00

    abordagem de solução interessante, mas infelizmente isso não funciona. Ele para na etapa em que preciso colocar minhas informações de login.

    Eu configurei o nome de usuário e a senha, mas a janela continua aparecendo.

    EDIT: desativei o 2FA e agora ele salvou os dados de login, mas agora recebo uma mensagem de erro ao tentar acessar a pasta:

    It's been working fine for 7 days! I've already done the procedure on 5 different accounts because I provide services to third parties.

    I don't recommend that you disable 2-factor authentication.

    I recommend that you create an app password by accessing your OneDrive account through your browser, security, manage how to sign in and scroll down to app passwords.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments