Folders Shared with me are syncing as internet shortcut in OneDrive on Windows PC

Anonymous
2024-06-08T04:53:55+00:00

Hi. I had some folders shared from different users in my OneDrive account. I had added the folders to my OneDrive with Add Shortcut to OneDrive button from Shared folders in cloud. The account is logged into a windows pc and every files including the folders shared with my were syncing fine until yesterday. Yesterday night the shared folders were completely removed from the Windows pc and folders are replaced with internet shortcut. This is such a big mess. I have tried unlinking the account and linking it back, changing the location of OneDrive on my windows pc and tried to get a new folder shared to my account and adding it to OneDrive. Nothing works so far. OneDrive has a big part in my daily activities. Please help me resolve this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-03-13T06:07:22+00:00

Here is the statement from the Microsoft OneDrive product group (Redmond USA) about the OneDrive Personal problem:

***This is related to a backend migration we are doing and unfortunately, we don’t fully support syncing shared folders in the case where one user has migrated and the other has not. We’re doing everything possible to accelerate things so that it can be resolved as soon as possible for users of the feature. When the accounts are migrated, there is automated logic that makes them go back to a syncing folder within several days.***I have heard, that shared Folder issue is gone.
The best thing is: WAIT and do nothing

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3,079 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-25T18:49:57+00:00

    Also waiting for sollution!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-25T19:03:05+00:00

    same problems on win11

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-25T19:08:32+00:00

    For what I verified, the search link in the option page is a valid clue.

    The difference in the "Add New" button not.

    I'm was to fix the issue between accunt without the search link.

    But if one account has the search link and the other not, the issue is there.

    PS: to fix the issue I removed the link to the shared folder in My Files and re-added from Shared to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-25T19:28:03+00:00

    Hi Antonio & others:

    Antonio mentions the fix of removing the link to a shared folder from "My Files" and re-adding to "Shared". This did fix the issue for one family account, but not three others!

    I'm working with five family accounts total. The URL issue has been affecting two since Friday 21st Feb 2025, and a third since Feb 24th. I successfully applied Antonio's fix to a fourth account, and the fifth never had the issue (though it's the source account from which the folder is being shared).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments