I have the same issue:
I have been experiencing an issue with shared folders in OneDrive. Previously, a colleague shared a folder with me, and I was able to access and edit its contents directly from my OneDrive folder on my desktop. However, recently, the shared folder has been converted into a shortcut, and clicking on it opens the folder in a web browser instead of appearing in my local OneDrive folder.
Additionally, I have noticed that not all files and subfolders within the shared folder are visible in File Explorer. Some folders appear to be missing, even though I still have edit permissions. Instead of the original shared folder, a new folder with the same name, followed by "- [My Computer Name]," has been created on my local OneDrive, but it does not contain the shared content.
I have tried the following troubleshooting steps:
- Removing and re-adding the shortcut from OneDrive Web.
- Checking the "Choose folders" option in OneDrive settings to ensure all files are selected for syncing.
- Restarting OneDrive and resetting it using the
%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe /reset command.
- Manually forcing sync by setting the folder to "Always keep on this device."
- Checking OneDrive's web version, where all the files appear correctly, but they do not sync properly to my local OneDrive folder.
Despite these steps, the issue persists. Could you please provide guidance on how to properly sync the shared folder so that it appears in my local OneDrive folder, just like before?