Folders Shared with me are syncing as internet shortcut in OneDrive on Windows PC

Anonymous
2024-06-08T04:53:55+00:00

Hi. I had some folders shared from different users in my OneDrive account. I had added the folders to my OneDrive with Add Shortcut to OneDrive button from Shared folders in cloud. The account is logged into a windows pc and every files including the folders shared with my were syncing fine until yesterday. Yesterday night the shared folders were completely removed from the Windows pc and folders are replaced with internet shortcut. This is such a big mess. I have tried unlinking the account and linking it back, changing the location of OneDrive on my windows pc and tried to get a new folder shared to my account and adding it to OneDrive. Nothing works so far. OneDrive has a big part in my daily activities. Please help me resolve this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-03-13T06:07:22+00:00

Here is the statement from the Microsoft OneDrive product group (Redmond USA) about the OneDrive Personal problem:

***This is related to a backend migration we are doing and unfortunately, we don’t fully support syncing shared folders in the case where one user has migrated and the other has not. We’re doing everything possible to accelerate things so that it can be resolved as soon as possible for users of the feature. When the accounts are migrated, there is automated logic that makes them go back to a syncing folder within several days.***I have heard, that shared Folder issue is gone.
The best thing is: WAIT and do nothing

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3,079 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-06T13:07:33+00:00

    If that doesn't work, you could try revoking the share access privileges and then re-sharing the folder. (However, there seem to be bugs here, too, as some folders still appear under "shared with me" days after access rights have been removed... clicking on them produces a "not found" / "no longer exists" error... I forget the exact wording.... but they don't disappear as I'd expect them to.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-06T17:56:10+00:00

    I spent hours (!) because I thought it's caused by my configuration/inability.

    Now I have to learn that the issue exists since months and nobody at Microsoft seems to care though it affects a lot of us paying customers.

    Extremely frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T13:16:22+00:00

    This issue still play around for six months.. when it can be fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T16:50:35+00:00

    This was opened on JUNE 19? Still no fix?

    Guess we will be migrating to Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments