Folders Shared with me are syncing as internet shortcut in OneDrive on Windows PC

Anonymous
2024-06-08T04:53:55+00:00

Hi. I had some folders shared from different users in my OneDrive account. I had added the folders to my OneDrive with Add Shortcut to OneDrive button from Shared folders in cloud. The account is logged into a windows pc and every files including the folders shared with my were syncing fine until yesterday. Yesterday night the shared folders were completely removed from the Windows pc and folders are replaced with internet shortcut. This is such a big mess. I have tried unlinking the account and linking it back, changing the location of OneDrive on my windows pc and tried to get a new folder shared to my account and adding it to OneDrive. Nothing works so far. OneDrive has a big part in my daily activities. Please help me resolve this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-03-13T06:07:22+00:00

Here is the statement from the Microsoft OneDrive product group (Redmond USA) about the OneDrive Personal problem:

***This is related to a backend migration we are doing and unfortunately, we don’t fully support syncing shared folders in the case where one user has migrated and the other has not. We’re doing everything possible to accelerate things so that it can be resolved as soon as possible for users of the feature. When the accounts are migrated, there is automated logic that makes them go back to a syncing folder within several days.***I have heard, that shared Folder issue is gone.
The best thing is: WAIT and do nothing

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3,079 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-22T23:07:31+00:00

    What paid account are you on? Are you on Microsoft 365 Familay? Is this problem isolated to Microsoft 365 Family? It seems like that is where it is occuring. Is it that Microsoft has decided not to support the full features of OneDrive on Family. I'm ready to switch to Microsoft 365 Standard business, but if it's occrring there too of course I won't waste my time and money.

    In my experience, it only affects the "private" M365 and not the business licenses.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-22T22:57:18+00:00

    Only this one, nothing more.

    I believe that this change is definitive, if they haven't done anything until now, it's because some order came from above to leave it as it is, low priority, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-22T21:06:32+00:00

    The problem is there since June!!! 8 month and still no solution, is this a joke?

    When will Microsoft endly solve this main issue?

    Do we have to ask Microsoft for compensation amount?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-22T19:43:05+00:00

    What paid account are you on? Are you on Microsoft 365 Familay? Is this problem isolated to Microsoft 365 Family? It seems like that is where it is occuring. Is it that Microsoft has decided not to support the full features of OneDrive on Family. I'm ready to switch to Microsoft 365 Standard business, but if it's occrring there too of course I won't waste my time and money.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments