Folders Shared with me are syncing as internet shortcut in OneDrive on Windows PC

Anonymous
2024-06-08T04:53:55+00:00

Hi. I had some folders shared from different users in my OneDrive account. I had added the folders to my OneDrive with Add Shortcut to OneDrive button from Shared folders in cloud. The account is logged into a windows pc and every files including the folders shared with my were syncing fine until yesterday. Yesterday night the shared folders were completely removed from the Windows pc and folders are replaced with internet shortcut. This is such a big mess. I have tried unlinking the account and linking it back, changing the location of OneDrive on my windows pc and tried to get a new folder shared to my account and adding it to OneDrive. Nothing works so far. OneDrive has a big part in my daily activities. Please help me resolve this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-03-13T06:07:22+00:00

Here is the statement from the Microsoft OneDrive product group (Redmond USA) about the OneDrive Personal problem:

***This is related to a backend migration we are doing and unfortunately, we don’t fully support syncing shared folders in the case where one user has migrated and the other has not. We’re doing everything possible to accelerate things so that it can be resolved as soon as possible for users of the feature. When the accounts are migrated, there is automated logic that makes them go back to a syncing folder within several days.***I have heard, that shared Folder issue is gone.
The best thing is: WAIT and do nothing

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3,079 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-24T10:38:25+00:00

    same issue here since a few days. Completely ****.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-24T10:35:35+00:00

    Same issue here. Nightmarish ! I hope a fix is on the way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-24T10:24:00+00:00

    Same issue here, started this weekend. Terrible issue, since I can't find any corporate documents anymore and I have to go online to onedrive. Totally ****.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-24T09:57:57+00:00

    In my opinion, there is no solution to this. Simply put. You can combine, you can try, which I did myself for a few months, but I gave up. It simply cannot be done.

    At the weekend I was already hopeful because something started to process and I thought the files and folders were coming back, but actually the internet shortcut is gone and nothing has improved, and I think it's even worse.

    Of course I have written a million times to Microsoft, but each time I get the same reply that they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution and I am to work myself up to the web version for now. Their replies used to be more individual, but now I get the same reply every time, so these **** don't even bother to write back anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments