Microsoft To-Do App does not work

Anonymous
2023-12-25T20:27:02+00:00

Dear Friends!

I have already deleted the app and reinstalled. But it doesnt work. If I open the app (I use a 2017 MacBook Pro, newest Software installed), no input mask to log in appears. Instead, the app opens and I see the microsoft windows to do app. But it does not work at all. I cannot to anything within the app. I can't log in, I can't add task, just nothing. I can select a field, but it won't happen anything if I select it.

Please help!

Yours,
Manuel

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T03:22:15+00:00

    As Madra mentioned (sorry, didn't see the above replies until I replied with me last post). It would be helpful to zip the contents so that the permissions and files are intact. This should resolve the issue. I don't think it should lock permissions or associate the permissions to the previous user if you do it that way, although I haven't had to share an app like this before, because you could usually just download again from the source. Again, hopefully Apple or Microsoft will sort their @&# out and we can get on with going the usual route for things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T04:22:23+00:00

    Did you only install the contents from the google drive link and replace the contents of the original app?

    I've tried to download the application itself as the only version, as well as replacing the contents from the application downloaded from the App Store, but in both situations after bypassing the same error message Madra is encountering using a YouTube video and terminal (lol) I am still unable to open the application.

    The lengths that I will go to get this app working again...

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T11:32:25+00:00

    Managed to get a working version from time-machine dated from Nov '23 (this hadn't worked previously). Thats another thing off my to do list!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T12:03:14+00:00

    Same issue after a recent update. I've tried everything suggested in this thread and nothing works. Uninstalled/reinstalled. I see the suggested fix if all else fails is use the web version, but I don't want to use To Do from a browser window. It's not a real solution. I tried to download the google file someone kindly shared, but my Mac won't let me install it. Stuck. Microsoft, please provide a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T13:06:09+00:00

    Compressing the file did not work for me still had the same issue! It seems that the older computers are the ones having the issues I have a newer mac Macbook Pro and it runs the app on that system and I still can operate it from my phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments