Microsoft To-Do App does not work

Anonymous
2023-12-25T20:27:02+00:00

Dear Friends!

I have already deleted the app and reinstalled. But it doesnt work. If I open the app (I use a 2017 MacBook Pro, newest Software installed), no input mask to log in appears. Instead, the app opens and I see the microsoft windows to do app. But it does not work at all. I cannot to anything within the app. I can't log in, I can't add task, just nothing. I can select a field, but it won't happen anything if I select it.

Please help!

Yours,
Manuel

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-28T10:50:35+00:00

    The same problem with me on mac.

    The app was working yesterday, after update I can't open it.

    Process: Microsoft To Do [1000]

    Path: /Applications/Microsoft To Do.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft To Do

    Identifier: com.microsoft.to-do-mac

    Version: 2.112 (231214.1820)

    App Item ID: 1274495053

    App External ID: 862498887

    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

    Parent Process: ??? [1]

    Responsible: Microsoft To Do [1000]

    User ID: 501

    Date/Time: 2023-12-28 11:49:30.782 +0100

    OS Version: macOS 11.7.10 (20G1427)

    Report Version: 12

    Anonymous UUID: E2A42E0D-9EBE-DDA6-3A45-85179B789586

    Time Awake Since Boot: 1000 seconds

    System Integrity Protection: enabled

    Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.microsoft.oneAuthContextQueue

    Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

    Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT

    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

    Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11

    Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

    Terminating Process: exc handler [1000]

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-25T21:31:48+00:00

    Hello Manuel J_985

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

    Upon checking the information that you're having trouble with the Microsoft To-Do app. Allow me to ask:

    • May I ask what is the Mac OS version that you have installed in your MacBook device?
    • Was this working before in your MacBook?
    • When did the issue start?
    • I would like to know what @domain and who is hosting your email account? example for @domains: Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, Outlook.com/Hotmail.com
      • May I know if the account is for Work/School use? or Personal (Hotmail/Outlook.com) use?
    • Is this happening also with your other devices?

    This could be an issue with compatibility of the Mac OS and the Application. However, here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

    1. Check if there are any updates available for the app. If there are, install them and see if the issue is resolved.
    2. Clear the cache and cookies of the app. To do this, go to the "Settings" app on your MacBook Pro, then select "Safari" or your preferred browser. From there, select "Clear History and Website Data" and choose "All History". This will clear the cache and cookies of all your apps, including Microsoft To-Do.
    3. Try resetting the app. To do this, go to the "Finder" app on your MacBook Pro, then select "Applications". Find the Microsoft To-Do app and right-click on it. Select "Options" and then "Show in Finder". This will open the folder where the app is located. Delete the "Microsoft To-Do" folder and then restart the app.
    4. If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it from the App Store. Make sure that you have the To do List up to date as well. If you have done this try installing it from this website: Welcome to To Do (office.com)
    5. If none is working, you can use the web version of the To do list. The web version of Microsoft To Do is available at to-do.office.com. It is a free task management app that helps you stay organized and manage your daily tasks. You can create to-do lists, set reminders, and collaborate with others on tasks.

    I hope these steps help resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

    Thank you,

    Vince

    Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments