Microsoft To-Do App does not work

Anonymous
2023-12-25T20:27:02+00:00

Dear Friends!

I have already deleted the app and reinstalled. But it doesnt work. If I open the app (I use a 2017 MacBook Pro, newest Software installed), no input mask to log in appears. Instead, the app opens and I see the microsoft windows to do app. But it does not work at all. I cannot to anything within the app. I can't log in, I can't add task, just nothing. I can select a field, but it won't happen anything if I select it.

Please help!

Yours,
Manuel

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T15:01:34+00:00

    Oh, great idea! I also have a backup with an older version of the app and was just able to download it back to my laptop. I'm not sure how to send this version out to anyone who needs it. If anyone is aware of a way to do this, I'm happy to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-06T14:55:30+00:00

    I use to do a regular backup of my system on a NAS at home. I will try to see if the backup contains a version of to do compatible with MAC Os 11.7.10 (my version).
    If I have that, I will post a reply

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-06T12:58:55+00:00

    I have the same issue.

    The reason in that the recent version of the app requires macOS 15. You can read this, while navigating to the ToDo App in the AppStore.

    Microsoft could to a better job, by not forcing the update to version not compatible the Mac on which the older version of the App runs. Another possibility, is that the AppStore allows to download the most recent version of the App compatible with the App, as some developers to. A final one is to be able to download "legacy" versions of the App. I haven't been able to do so. Could a get a download link?

    Albert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T14:02:21+00:00

    Hi,

    Same problem here under macOS Big Sur 11.7.10: Microsoft To Do crashes immediately after launching it (version 2.112).

    I've also deleted all To do folders in Library, but with no luck:

    ———————————————————————

    Process: Microsoft To Do [1064]

    Path: /Applications/Microsoft To Do.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft To Do

    Identifier: com.microsoft.to-do-mac

    Version: 2.112 (231214.1820)

    App Item ID: 1274495053

    App External ID: 862498887

    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

    Parent Process: ??? [1]

    Responsible: Microsoft To Do [1064]

    User ID: 501

    Date/Time: 2024-01-05 14:55:06.678 +0100

    OS Version: macOS 11.7.10 (20G1427)

    Report Version: 12

    Anonymous UUID: ECF961A4-0992-CEEF-B921-8DE92E89C282

    Time Awake Since Boot: 320 seconds

    System Integrity Protection: enabled

    Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.microsoft.oneAuthContextQueue

    Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

    Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT

    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

    Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11

    Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

    Terminating Process: exc handler [1064]

    Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.microsoft.oneAuthContextQueue

    0 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff20592d86 pthread_mutex_lock + 4

    1 libc++.1.dylib 0x00007fff2052e3d9 std::__1::mutex::lock() + 9

    2 org.cocoapods.OneAuth 0x000000010d0357e4 djinni::ProxyCache<djinni::ObjcProxyCacheTraits>::Pimpl::get(std::__1::type_index const&, objc_object* const __strong&, std::__1::pair<std::__1::shared_ptr<void>, objc_object*> (*)(objc_object* const __strong&)) + 46

    3 org.cocoapods.OneAuth 0x000000010d035ba0 djinni::ProxyCache<djinni::ObjcProxyCacheTraits>::get(std::__1::type_index const&, objc_object* const __strong&, std::__1::pair<std::__1::shared_ptr<void>, objc_object*> (*)(objc_object* const __strong&)) + 48

    4 org.cocoapods.OneAuth 0x000000010d0e8226 djinni_generated::PlatformToolsPrivate::toCpp(id<MOAPlatformToolsPrivate>) + 86

    5 org.cocoapods.OneAuth 0x000000010d0e7e4e +[MOAPlatformTools registerPlatformTools:] + 24

    6 org.cocoapods.OneAuth 0x000000010d0a8859 +[MATOneAuthController startupWithAppName:appVersion:audienceType:sessionId:dispatcher:allowedResources:enableSovereignTelemetry:enableTelemetryDestinationRecommendations:] + 235

    7 org.cocoapods.OneAuth 0x000000010d09df0e +[MALOneAuth startupInternal:isFullInit:] + 601

    8 com.microsoft.todo.WLCore 0x000000010e1626d2 0x10e009000 + 1414866

    9 com.microsoft.todo.WLCore 0x000000010e166cb7 0x10e009000 + 1432759

    10 libswiftDispatch.dylib 0x00007fff31727381 partial apply for thunk for @callee_guaranteed () -> (@out A, @error @owned Error) + 17

    11 libswiftDispatch.dylib 0x00007fff317275f9 thunk for @callee_guaranteed () -> (@out A, @error @owned Error)partial apply + 9

    12 libswiftDispatch.dylib 0x00007fff31726016 closure #1 in closure #1 in OS_dispatch_queue._syncHelper<A>(fn:execute:rescue:) + 86

    13 libswiftDispatch.dylib 0x00007fff31727271 partial apply for thunk for @callee_guaranteed () -> () + 17

    14 libswiftDispatch.dylib 0x00007fff31721cee thunk for @escaping @callee_guaranteed () -> () + 14

    15 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff203ed806 _dispatch_client_callout + 8

    16 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff203fa5ce _dispatch_lane_barrier_sync_invoke_and_complete + 60

    17 libswiftDispatch.dylib 0x00007fff31726884 implicit closure #2 in implicit closure #1 in OS_dispatch_queue.sync<A>(execute:) + 148

    18 libswiftDispatch.dylib 0x00007fff31726c02 partial apply for implicit closure #2 in implicit closure #1 in OS_dispatch_queue.sync<A>(execute:) + 34

    19 libswiftDispatch.dylib 0x00007fff31725edd OS_dispatch_queue._syncHelper<A>(fn:execute:rescue:) + 253

    20 libswiftDispatch.dylib 0x00007fff317264db OS_dispatch_queue.sync<A>(execute:) + 123

    21 com.microsoft.todo.WLCore 0x000000010e16248a 0x10e009000 + 1414282

    22 com.microsoft.todo.WLCore 0x000000010e11c2b8 0x10e009000 + 1127096

    23 com.microsoft.todo.WLCore 0x000000010e11c152 0x10e009000 + 1126738

    24 com.microsoft.todo.WLCore 0x000000010e1719f4 0x10e009000 + 1477108

    25 com.microsoft.todo.WLCore 0x000000010e171af2 0x10e009000 + 1477362

    26 com.microsoft.todo.WLCore 0x000000010e1115cb 0x10e009000 + 1082827

    27 com.microsoft.todo.WLCore 0x000000010e111b73 0x10e009000 + 1084275

    28 com.microsoft.todo.WLCore 0x000000010e111c2b 0x10e009000 + 1084459

    ———————————————————————

    Could Microsoft do something for that?

    Thank you,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T18:51:31+00:00

    This happened to me too. Tried all the suggestions above, which did nothing. I was working in Mac OS 11.7, Big Sur.

    This morning, IT had me:

    1. Delete To Do app
    2. Upgrade to Mac OS 14 Sonoma
    3. Install To Do again

    Now To Do works again. (It took 2 tries and 4+ hours to install Sonoma, but I guess it was worth it.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments