Help me find lost or missing files in OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-03-07T10:57:34+00:00

Help me find lost or missing files in OneDrive

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T20:48:50+00:00

    Hi Carl-Erik Nielsen

    Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community Forum.

    I understand that you're having trouble finding your files in OneDrive. I understand how difficult it is to lose important documents or files. Let's work together to find a solution.

    First, let's try checking your OneDrive recycle bin. Sometimes, files can accidentally be deleted and end up in the recycle bin. To do this, go to the OneDrive website and click on the "Recycle bin" option on the left-hand side. If you find your missing files here, you can restore them to their original location.

    If your files are not in the recycle bin, we can try checking the version history of your files. OneDrive automatically saves versions of your files, so you can go back to a previous version if needed. To do this, right-click on the file in question and select "Version history." From here, you can see all the previous versions of the file and restore the one you need.

    If neither of these options work, it's possible that the files were not synced properly to OneDrive. In this case, you can try re-syncing your OneDrive account. To do this, go to the OneDrive settings on your computer and select "Account." From here, click on "Unlink this PC" and then re-link your account. This should force OneDrive to re-sync all your files.

    You may also refer to this link for more information. Restore deleted files or folders in OneDrive - Microsoft Support

    If you're still unable to find your missing files, please let me know and we can explore other options.

    Sincerely,


    ReynaldoB

    Microsoft Community Forum Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T05:04:59+00:00

    Hello Carl-Erik Nielsen!

    We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

    Thank you for your understanding. 

    Sincerely

    ReynaldoB

    Microsoft Community Forum Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T22:22:47+00:00

    Lost my all files and photos our videos

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T20:40:36+00:00

    Hi Reynoldo,

    My name's Brendan Gallahue. I'm based in the UK/Ireland.

    I created a Word document via my personal Outlook account (******@live.com) yesterday (20 March 2024). It was for a work project.

    So, it important to me.

    I named the document Scayle Content Hub Copy.

    But when I tried to open it today, it took me to another file.

    Today, I've wasted a lot of time and effort trying to find ways to restore/find this file for a deadline.

    And when I tried to do this, I then was denied access to all other files.

    And going to help.microsoft.com hasn't helped one bit.

    Can I please talk to a real human being to try to resolve this issue today?

    Best,

    Brendan

    ******@live.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-24T22:50:32+00:00

    I need help to fix my laptop and find my lost files

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments