Help me find lost or missing files in OneDrive

Anonymous
2024-03-07T10:57:34+00:00

Help me find lost or missing files in OneDrive

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T01:52:12+00:00

    What do you do when the files were here yesterday and are gone tosay?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-17T17:44:15+00:00

    I'm in my 60s and don't know how to do the steps requested. Can someone help me to do it. I'm afraid to lose my document if I do something incorrectly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T20:09:30+00:00

    Reynaldo B.

    Yesterday 8.14.24 I had 2 stop paying my bills on line, DOC appt. When I wanted 2 turn OFF the laptop , MS message stated that it was going to update the REV. Version and I should NOT turn it Off.

    I hurried out the door @ 10AM. Usually the update take a couple of hours. I returned home at 3 PM.

    The thing was still busy-had NOT turned off. At 6PM the screen showed-finally- a message, stating that it was: Cleaning. I decided to wait until 9 PM-it was still busy--CLEANING!

    Took my dog for our normal walk and at 10:30PM the cleaning message was still on the screen.

    Went 2 bed, not happy!!

    At 7 AM the PC was dark/auto turned off.

    Fired it back up and my whole desk top was showing ONLY 6 ICONS.

    Not the: at least 70 that were there B4 U UPDATED MY PC!!

    Tried to unlink/re-link-no help!

    Need MS to correct this. The WWW has a slew of folks bad mouthing MS about this F/U!!

    Sadly I have 2 agree with them. At 84 I really can not waste the remaining time I have on earth with these MS issues! Help me-OK??

    QUOTE: SHORT PEER

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T09:18:44+00:00

    Hi, i have the same problem.

    I have one drive folder which are empty where documents should be contained in them. I have not deleted any files and they are not in the recycle bin. How far back can I go and restart one drive to see if I can recover them? This is likely to be 6 months to 1 year ago. Will it reset the whole of one drive? Will I need to move my existing one drive files in to another folder to the whole thing is not overwritten before starting the recovery?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-08T14:32:34+00:00

    I moved my files onto a new ondrive account and synced it with my desktop. All the folders in which the files are stored are now empty on both the ondrive and my hardrive

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments