A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
for those still having the issue- are you running Symantec (Broadcom) antivirus with Data Loss Prevention (DLP)?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For years I've been using OneDrive and whenever I open a file on my PC, "AutoSave" is automatically turned on. And when I make changes to my document, that specific file gets updated.
But for some reason, yesterday that changed. Now "AutoSave" is turned off by default. And when I turn it on, it tells me that I need to upload it to OneDrive. When i click OK, it creates a NEW file in OneDrive/Documents folder. The original file that I opened in (for example) OneDrive\Other\Recipes never got changed. So now I have 2 files. One is in OneDrive/Documents (the changed version) and the unchanged version is in OneDrive\Other\Recipes.
It works perfectly fine on my mobile app. When i open my document in OneDrive\Other\Recipes, it automatically saves changes as I modify the document. And it overwrites the original file. It doesn't create a NEW file in the OneDrive/Documents folder. That is what my PC did for years, up until yesterday.
I've removed and reinstalled OneDrive. That didnt help.
I've reset Onedrive. That didn't help.
My "AutoSave by Default" box is checked in Options/Save in Excel and Word.
Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
for those still having the issue- are you running Symantec (Broadcom) antivirus with Data Loss Prevention (DLP)?
Same issue here. If you open the file from the local onedrive folder it doesnt turn on the autosave and you can not collaborate with team members as well. Alternative option is to open the same file by going to OneDrive on the browser and open the file on App from the browser than functionality works. Important bug. Happened after final update-Needs immediate fix.
Hello everyone,
This solution worked for us :
The problem seems to have been caused by the "File Collaboration" feature.
We solved the problem by modifying the registry.
The location of the key is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OneDrive.
In this location, create a 32-bit DWord value called EnableAllOcsiClients (if it doesn't already exist).
The value of this key should be set to 1 to enable file collaboration, or 0 to disable it.
Restart OneDrive and Office and test automatic saving.
It should work fine.
Policy Documentation - EnableAllOcsiClients _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In addition and if this solution doesn't work, you can force the feature to appear to activate it manually and find out if the "file collaboration" option is indeed the cause of your incident.
To do this, modify the "global.ini" file to make the "File collaboration" feature appear in OneDrive's advanced settings :
In %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\settings\Business1
Edit the "global.ini" file
Change the "CoAuthEnableUserSetting" variable from "true" to "false"
(it will disable the "file collaboration" feature but this will make it appear in OneDrive's advanced settings).
By modifying the "global.ini" file, the "File collaboration" option will appear in OneDrive's advanced settings, so you'll have to activate the feature manually when you open OneDrive.
Activating this option will cause it to disappear the next time you restart OneDrive.
Test the autosave feature again when file collaboration is correctly activated... ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I hope I've been clear enough and that this helps...
Thank You Cedric, but my problem is I am not able to do the steps outlined by you. I am a very basic user and don't know how to create a 32 Bit D Word, etc. Etc. Is there a simpler solution.
Same issue here. If you open the file from the local onedrive folder it doesnt turn on the autosave and you can not collaborate with team members as well. Alternative option is to open the same file by going to OneDrive on the browser and open the file on App from the browser than functionality works. Important bug. Happened after final update-Needs immediate fix.
Yes, I am having the same issue! As well as many others in my workplace. It even gives me the error message in the attached image when I attempt to open files in my OneDrive folder.