Install Office 365 get error code: 30183-48(401)

Anonymous
2023-12-18T07:06:16+00:00

Hi:

I remove office by contrl panel and SaRA tool.

Reinstall office again but got this error code: 30183-48 (401)

Could you let me know what can I do for this ?

thank you.

Dylan.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-21T12:18:06+00:00

    This probably won't help much, but I still find it worth sharing. When I tried the same installation on a Windows 10 machine, it installed without problem. So it looks like the problem lies within Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T18:19:58+00:00

    I am having the exact same issue. I have been having problems with my outlook. Emails where staying in outbox way too long or not sending ( 1 example) so we decided it would be best to uninstall Microsoft 365 and then reinstall again. I get Error Cod 30183-48 (401) and then that screen goes away and another error code comes up and says we are sorry we had issues etc. Error Code 0-2031 (17002). I have restarted, uninstalled, followed suggestions from the Error codes and continually getting the same codes not letting me install it again.

    Very frustrating you can't talk to a live person.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T01:01:52+00:00

    I'm having the same problem. Outlook kept crashing with the "We're sorry" message. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall. This has occurred twice--deep into the install.

    We're dead in the water here. I cannot access email, Word, or Excel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T13:33:06+00:00

    Same problem here. I'm not able to work right now!

    I have uninstalled previous versions, disabled anitvirus, restart PC and still can't get the installation done

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T11:01:29+00:00

    Dear Dylan,

    Greetings! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    I'd like to help you, we can work together to narrow down and resolve the situation.

    For this error code, per my searching, it could be related to antivirus software, firewall, or proxy settings that are preventing you from installing Office.

    You may try to temporarily turn them off and then install Office again. For detailed steps, you may refer to this support article.

    Image

    You may also use SARA tool again to troubleshoot Office installation issue:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/about-the-microsoft-support-and-recovery-assistant-e90bb691-c2a7-4697-a94f-88836856c72f

    Image

    If issue still happens, I understand how frustrating this situation can be and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Let me help you further. I would appreciate if you could share following information:

    1.Could you share a screenshot of the full error message?

    2.May I know the name of your Microsoft 365 subscription? Is it Microsoft 365 Business Premium or Microsoft 365 Personal?

    I look forward to hearing from you; Please understand that our initial reply may not always immediately resolve the issue. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution.

    Thanks for your time and cooperation! We hope you have a nice day! Stay safe and healthy.

    Sincerely,

    Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments