MS To Do frequent crashing.

Anonymous
2024-01-08T16:24:15+00:00

I am a longtime user of the To Do app – since the Wunder list days. For months now the app crashes on my iPad multiple times throughout the day. I’m just sitting there looking at it and it goes away, then needs to be relaunched. At the same time it crashes the homepage widgets, like Weather, etc. all seem to reset as well. I have done absolutely every bit of cleanup you can think of – and apps are up-to-date, apps, closed down and iPad rebooted, ToDo reinstalled, plenty of storage, etc. etc. etc. please help me understand what I can do to fix this. It’s an essential app for me and really disappointing that this goes on . iPad model MK2P3LL/A, iOS 17.2, To Do version 2.112 Build 231222.1358

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft To Do | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-13T09:21:46+00:00

    Hi Bryll, just to verify: did you check the app’s reviews on Apple’s App Store? Dozens of iPhone users have been reporting this exact same issue (app crashes within a few minutes after opening) for months now. So no, the issue has not been addressed. Is there a place where we can follow developments on this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T20:20:22+00:00

    Today I got the message to review the App and I got as far as “Rubb” before it crashed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-14T22:55:40+00:00

    I have the same issue.

    Have tried all the standard suggestions including upgrading my phone!

    Still the same issue.

    I note people suggest deleting completed tasks but I need a record of what has been completed- or sometimes I might need to re open a task.

    It’s not really a solution.

    Come on Microsoft- at least let us know that this is on your radar!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T17:26:09+00:00

    I have been having the same problems as well.

    I have the 2022 iPad Pro 12.9”.

    Everything is up to date software-wise. The app has been uninstalled and reinstalled. Essentially I have tried all of Microsoft’s quick fixes.

    Clearly, this isn’t a user problem anymore. It is an issue with the app itself. Microsoft needs to look internally to fix the bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-09T23:04:38+00:00

    Hi, this is Bryll

    I understand the urgency and importance of this as it is essential for your productivity. For now, allow me to lend you a helping hand.

    May we confirm on when did the problem started? Was it after an update, after installing a 3rd party program or a hardware change?

    Here are the strategies that we can recommend:

    1. Force restart your iPad.
    • To do this, press and hold both the power button and the volume down button until you see the Apple logo.
    1. Clear Microsoft To Do storage data:
    • Open the Settings app on your iPad.
    • Scroll down and tap on "General".
    • Tap on "iPad Storage".
    • Find and tap on "Microsoft To Do" in the list of apps.
    • Tap on "Delete App" to remove the app and its data from your iPad.
    • Deleting the app will remove both the app and its data from your iPad. Make sure to create necessary backup.
    1. Uninstall and reinstall the app:
    • To do this, tap and hold on the app icon until it jiggles, then tap Remove App and confirm. Then go to the App Store and search for MS To Do and tap the cloud icon to download it again.
    1. Check for software updates on your iPad.
    • To do this, go to Settings > General > Software Update and see if there is any available update. If there is, tap Download and Install.
    1. Change default web browser:
    • Open the Settings app on your iPad.
    • Scroll down and tap on the browser app you want to set as the default.
    • Tap on "Default Browser App."
    • Select the browser app you want to set as the default.

    Kindly send us a reply if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications to the information shared.

    Yours truly,

    Bryll

    Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments