MS To Do frequent crashing.

Anonymous
2024-01-08T16:24:15+00:00

I am a longtime user of the To Do app – since the Wunder list days. For months now the app crashes on my iPad multiple times throughout the day. I’m just sitting there looking at it and it goes away, then needs to be relaunched. At the same time it crashes the homepage widgets, like Weather, etc. all seem to reset as well. I have done absolutely every bit of cleanup you can think of – and apps are up-to-date, apps, closed down and iPad rebooted, ToDo reinstalled, plenty of storage, etc. etc. etc. please help me understand what I can do to fix this. It’s an essential app for me and really disappointing that this goes on . iPad model MK2P3LL/A, iOS 17.2, To Do version 2.112 Build 231222.1358

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft To Do | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-17T13:49:17+00:00

    Same - deleting tasks etc and then reintalling the mac desktop version seemed to be the trick. I also had noticed the fan spinning up immediately when the app was launched.

    Thank you!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T19:35:35+00:00

    Thank you so much for sharing your solution. I am trying it. Hopefully it works

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T19:59:27+00:00

    If you uninstall the app will you lose all your tasks? I am having a similar issue with it crashing on my iPhone

    I am experiencing similar challenges with the To Do app that is loaded on my iphone 8. I like the app a lot, find it very useful app & use it daily. I have 137 tasks set up & deleting the existing app and reloading the app again along with re-entering the 137 tasks would be a real pain. Not sure that reloading the app again & all the tasks will actually eliminate all the challenges that To Do seems to be experiencing...

    I’m also having crashes on iPhone and iPad. Devices are brand new. Once they crash and reopened then they are usable usually. Threads have said to delete the app and data. Really?? I have 588 tasks that I go through the year doing. Do they expect me to re enter all of them including all the notes I have in them? Not here. I’m going to try another app. I read that others are better and there’s no one at Microsoft that is interested in updating this app to work right. It hasn’t been updated in years. They don’t care I guess. Any suggestions on other apps?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T20:25:21+00:00

    To everyone on this thread,

    Since Microsoft seems to not be monitoring this thread anymore, I have started a new thread in an attempt to get Microsoft’s attention about this issue. In that thread, I posted a link to this thread. However, if anyone would be so inclined as to go to that thread and comment again, maybe we can get Microsoft’s attention. I’ve linked to that thread below.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/attempt-number-2-to-get-microsoft-to-notice-that/52ced389-d99a-4937-993b-2b5c7f5e63e3

    Thank you for starting the new question as I didn’t know Microsoft had dismissed this one. I have posted a comment on your new thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments