A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
I'm having what I assume is a similar issue. For me tghe issue is that although the file is in my companies one drive (confirmed by file path of the recent file) it is displaying as being in a former clients one drive in the recent file list. Interestingly it shows up as being in my one drive when the recent files list syncs and displays on an older machine.
Thanks to this post my assumption is now that this is linked to the bug outlined here and that:
- Something in the setup of the specific PC is causing my one drive and sharepoint to display as prior clients in the recent docs list
- It's something sticky, possibly in the registry that is creating this link (removing both office 365 and one drive and reinstalling has not helped)
I'm not sure whether this is directly a security or productivity issue, but it is pretty unhelpful.
- It's cost me at least 6 hours trying to figure out what on earth is going on
- As we face increasingly advanced cybersecurity threats it's at best VERY UNHELPFUL to have the location of a document brought into question
- I'd like to share links to objects within one drive to a prospective client. It will look very unprofessional if it appears that I'm sharing links from another companies one drive. I have no idea how this will look when shared with clients.
As a supposed leader in security I would hope that Microsoft would take the erosion in confidence that this 'bug' will cause seriously