Screen time feature not working on Family Safety

Anonymous
2023-12-29T03:31:26+00:00

The device is a PC with Windows 11. Device added to and shows up for family member on Family Safety App. Web and Search feature works but Screen Time is not. The device is shown as No Usage. When I initially set up the PC, I had my kid as the Administrator but then changed him to standard user and myself as the Administrator. It seems like once I made that change is when the Screen Time feature stop working. I tried to remove him from Family and re-adding him back in. This did not work. Also tried installing updates and rebooting but nothing works. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue. Trying to figure out if it is a setting on my side that can be fixed or if it is just a bug on MS side. I have a Norton Anti-Virus but I don’t think this would be the root of the cause.

Thanks

CT

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-29T11:49:23+00:00

    I've been on chat with a Microsoft representative this morning, and they have asked me to email familysafetyfeedback@microsoft.com with my concerns. The email I sent below,

    Hi there, I have a couple of major issues with the Family Safety app, a great shame because up until this point it worked great and I recommended it to several other parents.

    1. The filtering isn't working properly, In the Edge tab and the "Filter inappropriate websites and searches" button switched on, web surfing slows to a crawl. I've had to temporarily turn this off in order for the kids to resume searching the web without waiting, as I'm sure you'll agree this is far from ideal.
    2. Activity logging (web activity & search terms) for both my kids stopped working on Wednesday. Therefore I've no idea what they're searching for or what sites they've visited.

    Please advise ASAP.Kind regards,A concerned parent!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T19:26:03+00:00

    Having the same issue. Cannot see any activity of my sons Win11 PC since Wednesday, even though he is using it.

    This is really **** and seems like a global problem for Microsoft, which may not even be aware, since nobody can report it....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T10:06:12+00:00

    Can confirm posting here does nothing. I follow four different issues on different Microsoft products. All threads going 6 months or more. No fixes from Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T09:50:13+00:00

    Does anyone know how to raise this as a support ticket to Microsoft?

    I have been through the online chat support, and they could not suggest any fix.

    They told me posting here would raise a ticket: https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/e0919d32-477c-ef11-a4e7-6045bdb238dc

    But this is just another public foruum.

    I want to raise a formal ticket...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T09:48:26+00:00

    I checked in Task Manager under Services, and when logged in as my son, see that "WpcMonSvc" is running. When looking in "Details" tab, it has UACvirtualisation disabled, but I assume that is right. So this doesn't seem to be the issue..?

    Also, I think this seems to be a server side issue with Family Safety, as the same issue has occurred for both my kids - screen time stopped logging in the Family Safety app/MS account last Wednesday. They use different devices, so it can't be a device issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments