The most effective fix for office licensing that I have found:
Logout of:
Word
Teams
OneDrive
Edge
Credential manager:
Delete all Windows Credentials.
Registry:
Delete:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity
Files to remove:
Delete the Licenses and Licensing folders at:
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\Licenses
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Licensing
Reboot.
Give the computer a minute at boot.
Teams should automatically start.
Logon to it first.
Wait 30+ Seconds. Continue to chat with our client.
Open OneDrive
Sign in. Use the current folder.
Wait another 30+ seconds while OneDrive syncs
Chat with our client. They don’t bite. :O)
Open Edge
Logon to Office online
I use portal.office.com
Sign them in and then use the Waffle
Open Word and open a blank document.
Choose to edit it in the Desktop App.
As it opens the Desktop app it should
Ask you to activate office and succeed in
Licensing it. There are a couple of cases
Where I had to do this twice. The first time
It said it updated office and to close out of
Word/Office. Closed and tried again and it worked.
This method has been super reliable for me. 99% of the time.
Any suggestions or other methods you have found to work?
From Article:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/activation/reset-office-365-proplus-activation-state