Windows 11 File Explorer context menu missing View Online and Version History (OneDrive)

Anonymous
2023-11-19T05:02:09+00:00

The Windows 11 Pro File Explorer right click context menu is missing OneDrive View Online and OneDrive Version History?

The context menu does list the following...

Share

Always keep on this device

Free up space.

Regards,

AjN3806

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-24T15:59:05+00:00

    I'm synced and everything is working properly. I have the same running version on my laptop and I see options....funny thing was it seemed like 2 weeks ago they came back...and they're gone again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-24T15:16:52+00:00

    Here is the answer for all of you looking. If this is happening on your machine, it is highly likely you are not currently signed into the OneDrive App.

    I had the same issue. Look for the little blue cloud near your wifi/notifications in the system tray. It will have a slash-through if you are not logged in. If you are logged in, it will be blue.

    After you login you will see both "view online" and "version history" in the context menu under other options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T14:54:11+00:00

    I had the same issue, but was able to fix it.

    I uninstalled OneDrive, restarted the computer, downloaded OneDrive from the Microsoft website, and installed it.

    The link shows up and works now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T20:24:22+00:00

    My shell.nss was something like this:

    import 'imports/theme.nss'

    $pth=@str.replace(@str.replace(@sel.path,"LOCAL PATH TO ONEDRIVE","URL OF ONEDRIVE ONLINE TO VIEW DOCUMENT"),"\","%2F")

    item(title='View Online'

    image='C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe'
    

        cmd='cmd.exe'

        args='/c start "" "@pth"')

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T12:21:56+00:00

    What nilesoft script did you use? I'm having the same issue (onedrive items missing from context and they're not hidden in "More options")

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments