Windows 11 File Explorer context menu missing View Online and Version History (OneDrive)

Anonymous
2023-11-19T05:02:09+00:00

The Windows 11 Pro File Explorer right click context menu is missing OneDrive View Online and OneDrive Version History?

The context menu does list the following...

Share

Always keep on this device

Free up space.

Regards,

AjN3806

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T13:14:11+00:00

    That is exactly what I was saying when I said "Login to OneDrive." I'm on an enterprise account, and whenever we have a required password update, I have noticed that there are instances where OneDrive is logged out. Usually, you can tell if you tell OneDrive to log in. Also, when I had the issue, I could see the OneDrive icon in my task tray, but I noticed that when I opened it, I was not logged in.

    My OneDrive users are definitely logged in though and the icon shows its signed in. Intune/GPO is pushing the 'Silently Sign In' command and that's working.

    Just been playing with Chrome SSO and when I launch View online from the OneDrive client in the task tray I now have it launching a browser and SSO happening, no auth request. Not fixed the lack of File Explorer context menus though :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T12:55:12+00:00

    That is exactly what I was saying when I said "Login to OneDrive." I'm on an enterprise account, and whenever we have a required password update, I have noticed that there are instances where OneDrive is logged out. Usually, you can tell if you tell OneDrive to log in. Also, when I had the issue, I could see the OneDrive icon in my task tray, but I noticed that when I opened it, I was not logged in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T11:14:23+00:00

    I've just been investigating this myself. A report in a school of the context menu missing the OneDrive additions.

    Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the task tray and 'View online'. This launched a browser but I needed to auth with my MS account. Once I signed in I returned to File Explorer and the context menus returned.

    So my line of investigation is now whether this is related to those above saying 'you are not signed into OneDrive'. I can see the client is signed in but the browser was not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T06:46:26+00:00

    I've been having this issue for months, but I was correctly logged-in the onedrive app, so at least in my case, this was not the cause of the problem.

    There must've been a recent upgrade that fixed the problem magically on my end since it's been working for the past weeks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T00:06:38+00:00

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments