Windows 11 File Explorer context menu missing View Online and Version History (OneDrive)

Anonymous
2023-11-19T05:02:09+00:00

The Windows 11 Pro File Explorer right click context menu is missing OneDrive View Online and OneDrive Version History?

The context menu does list the following...

Share

Always keep on this device

Free up space.

Regards,

AjN3806

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T12:26:12+00:00

    Just to add, I'm also having the problem. Followed all points on this thread (logged into one drive, authenticated etc.) and doesn't show.

    Please can someone fix it, clearly its unreliable if it's not always there when it should.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-17T01:15:35+00:00

    IF only it were that simple. I'm signed in. That's not the issue.

    The tell-tale sign that this is more than that is that I still can "View online" from within the OneDrive pop-up interface by clicking on the three dots to the right.

    But this only shows files which have been recently used. So if I want to open a file that hasn't been used recently online, this won't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T08:37:05+00:00

    I opened a case with MS but as I created the message my test machine suddenly showed the context menu after around 20 mins of being logged in. Just all of a sudden and only on that 1 machine.

    MS said "well it's fixed" so closed the ticket. It's not fixed, its either not working or not reliable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T15:07:42+00:00

    Dear AjN3806,
    did you manage to fix the problem? I have tried everything suggested in this forum (and elsewhere) and still don´t see my OneDrive in the context menu.
    Thank you,
    Mareike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments