A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
This is exactly what I see. As soon as I installed OneDrive for Business on my PC that had the Personal installed, it has started popping this message every few minutes.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi all, if you have been getting this image/pop up
Explorer.EXE This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.
We are pretty sure it is due to OneDrive.
What the issue is with it - we are not sure - any ideas on how to fix this, that would be great!
Once we find a fix, I will mark as solution so others can take a look and see
Thanks,
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This is exactly what I see. As soon as I installed OneDrive for Business on my PC that had the Personal installed, it has started popping this message every few minutes.
This solved the issue for me. Thank you so much for posting it. I was getting spammed non-stop by these alerts. There were missing adobe files in the autoruns listing. Deleted the handler and they instantly stopped.
This probably won't help anyone unless they're debugging, but I experienced this bug after realizing that OneDrive was going to sync up a game's mods folder that I had copied into Documents on a fresh Windows 11 install. Tried to exclude those folders in OneDrive, but that just caused it to delete the files that it wasn't allowed to sync. I stopped a sync mid-transfer and tried to exclude all of Documents, hoping that it might restore them to the default location instead of within OneDrive, but it didn't. Ended up unlinking the account entirely and restoring Documents from Recycle Bin.
Somewhere in the hubbub this exact Explorer issue started popping up; pretty sure it was after I tried to exclude all of Documents from the OneDrive sync. Kept happening even after I uninstalled OneDrive, and still after I reinstalled it (although this time I didn't re-link the account).
Fortunately, the error just stopped happening after I rebooted. The only other debugging I had done before the reboot was reset all of my default apps in Windows' settings, but I should note that the issue still occurred right after I did that.
This worked for me ( windows 11). Issue started right after uninstalling onedrive (could have been the worst product of Microsoft). Open file explorer to value was set to "home". Shifting to "This PC" solved. Thanks!
similar issue, when i press WIN+E, it does not launch explorer but this popup error message.
the cause is that i disabled some right-click menu items in an optimization app. When restored these changes, problem solved.
the related items are: