Explorer.EXE This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.

Anonymous
2023-09-26T09:11:15+00:00

Hi all, if you have been getting this image/pop up

Explorer.EXE This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.

We are pretty sure it is due to OneDrive.

What the issue is with it - we are not sure - any ideas on how to fix this, that would be great!

Once we find a fix, I will mark as solution so others can take a look and see

Thanks,

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T11:57:10+00:00

    Hi, reg keys already there - no luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-04T11:13:02+00:00

    Will check registry now, the "open file explorer to:" does not work for us unfortunately :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T20:49:36+00:00

    Try these two things:

    1. Search and open "File Explorer Options"
    2. Select an option in the "Open File Explorer to:" drop down menu

    My drop down menu was blank. When I selected an option, the issue was resolved.

    If that does not work:

    You can try to edit the Registry: https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-file-association-error-explorer-in-windows/?expand\_article=1

    I did this first and found that my registry values were already correct.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T20:58:10+00:00

    I am also having this issue. For me it only seems to happen for users that are using both OneDrive for Business and OneDrive Personal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T10:17:50+00:00

    I have been on that website many moons ago and still does not help

    I do appreciate you looking for us though!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments