I got three $50 dollar charges to my microsoft charges that I cannot get more details on

Anonymous
2023-11-13T16:58:02+00:00

Nov 10, received four fraudulent charges of $50 dollar Microsoft Store credit charges billed to my credit card. One of them got rejected so three of them went through.

I looked on my Microsoft account and see the charges of three $50 dollar charges as Microsoft Store credit and no history showing what my own account was funded or how it was used to purchase anything. Should conclude that this is a fraudster that funded his own account.

I have a new credit card on the way now, trying to figure out how to get in contact with microsoft so I can dig deeper as to where the money went/how it was spent so we can catch this fraudster and provide supporting documents to my bank.

Tried calling support, get point to a website, tried the website, no help or details can be shared even though it's my own account. Please help me get more details.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T15:23:12+00:00

    We had 3 $50 charges on our cerdit card as well along with MULTIPLE attempts that got declined so we were notfiied by our bank. Had to cancel our card. Also had notification that some joined our FAMILY share account that we do not have, and then was removed. Can not understand why there is no direct phone number to reach someone to report this fraud.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T16:55:42+00:00

    If you go to “Contact Us” you will be able to chat with someone. I did, eventually I connected with someone or a bot and got my refund. It took some digging, but you’ll be able to chat with someone to acknowledge your concerns. I’m sure they knew this was a wide issue and they refunded me easily.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T17:02:53+00:00

    Okay i will keep trying this. I was chatting earlier and they were like “yes we will get you refunded, except you have to go thru Xbox so let me transfer you” and the chat was disconnected. I can’t find a chat feature for Xbox yet. I did figure out a way to request a refund so I’m hoping that works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T17:23:08+00:00

    Hello Everyone,

    I am reaching out to confirm that I was also hacked and have 3 50$ charges to my credit card. I have received 0 help from Microsoft. This company had a widespread hack and they need to admit it. The person who hacked me added themselves to my Microsoft family then purchased 3 gift cards. The person's name is wendja khezr and they logged in from India. Microsoft, you need to address this major security breach publicly NOW and provide us with some support on this!! The banks are closed!! Ruined my Thanksgiving.

    Aaron

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T17:55:09+00:00

    I found a way on the Xbox side to request refunds. I did it this morning and they were all just processed! Good luck!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments